- In 2 to 12 hours remove bandage, wash gently with mild soap and hot water and pat dry with a clean paper towel. Do not rub. Let air dry for at least one hour before applying antibiotic ointment.
- Apply only antibiotic ointment 2 to 3 times daily for 5 to 7 days or until scab is gone.
- Use Sterile Bandage only if necessary.
- Do NOT pick Scab.
- For 2 weeks minimize exposure to sun and water; no swimming in fresh, salt, or chlorinated water.
- If redness persists or you have a reaction, seek medical attention and notify your artist.
- Keep tattoo clean with soap and water, especially for those out and about and getting dirty.
- Repeat this process for about a week or two until it is completely healed.
- Remember, the better you care for your tattoo during the healing process, the better it will appear afterwards.
- Skin will probably start to peal like a sunburn, DO NOT pick or scratch at it. Let the flakes just fall off.
- To keep tattoo looking like new after tattoo is completely healed, use sunblock.
- If a touch-up is necessary, please wait a minimum of 4 weeks to allow for adequate healing.
Always do your research if you are planning to get a tattoo. Be sure to ask your tattoo artist any questions you may have about caring for your new tattoo. Click the link below to contact us for more information.